Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Font Size used in notes shapes

Can anyone tell me where I set the font size for the note name or interval that appears within the note shapes on the fretboard?

The reason I ask is it all looks good on my screen but when I export b3 looks like b8 with part of the 8 inside the b. In other words squished together. I have the diagrams sized pretty big, but I have a big monitor and bad eyesight. It's perfectly legible on screen, just non on the exported PDF.

Kind Regards,
    Fleet

Question

Quote Originally Posted by fsenseman View Post
    Can anyone tell me where I set the font size for the note name or interval that appears within the note shapes on the fretboard?

The reason I ask is it all looks good on my screen but when I export b3 looks like b8 with part of the 8 inside the b. In other words squished together. I have the diagrams sized pretty big, but I have a big monitor and bad eyesight. It's perfectly legible on screen, just non on the exported PDF.

Kind Regards,
    Fleet
    I am pretty sure that there is no way to set this directly but will need Justin to chime in and confirm.

It may be a simple matter of exporting the fonts when creating the pdf. I have the ability to print to PDF from anything else that prints but for some reason ND doesn't list it as an available printer. That would be an option as well, enabling printing to PDF printers.

Are you running on Windows, Fleet? Some users have had an issue with the musical symbol font not showing up correctly on exported PDFs, so instead you get regular letters like 'b' instead of the flat symbol, squashed up. Sounds like this is what you have maybe. If you email me or attach a PDF then I can confirm!

There's a simple workaround to get it going again, but I don't want to tell you about that because I'm implemented a fix for 1.9 so you shouldn't need to know about it

Remember I asked about some volunteers to try out 1.9? Well I've got a few more things to wrap up, but I'd be happy to give you a build say Tue/Wed which will be pretty close to the final as there won't be much left to go. If you're happy to try it then I'll email you a download link mid-week, OK?
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Oh, forgot to actually answer this! You don't control the font as it's automatic and size is relative to the size of the notes on the fretboard, so bigger notes = bigger font..
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

I have the ability to print to PDF from anything else that prints but for some reason ND doesn't list it as an available printer. That would be an option as well, enabling printing to PDF printers.
    Hmmm that's curious - I'm not doing anything to block that, so it might be an issue/bug in the underlying software platform I'm using. I'll have to look into that and trawl through their Bugzilla database...
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Yes, running Windows. I'll send you a copy of the ND file and resulting PDF. And yes, a link to recent builds for testing would be great, I'd be happy to do it.

Regarding the PDF printer not showing up, I recall some time ago, issues in a program I was developing (different environment) enumerating the available printers. May be something similiar......

Anyway, sorry for the late response, I got busy myself, but I'll send that stuff to you.

Thanks,
    Fleet
    Last edited by fsenseman; 07-13-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Yes, I see the issue - it's what I thought it was! I'll prepare a build for you, probably over the weekend, and will email you a download link.
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Yes, I see the issue - it's what I thought it was! I'll prepare a build for you, probably over the weekend, and will email you a download link.
    Great! I'll be looking for it, and give you some feedback once I get it...

Ok, happy to confirm that the issue has been fixed in the next version!

Thanks Justin!

Thread Information