Exclamation Shifting Image On Duplicate Image Export

Error Report

On v1.9 I have encountered an error from exporting a diagram that has already been exported and is rewritten.

.: NOTE :.
    I copied my completed diagram into a different folder so that the error would be reproduced.

This is the original file ~
    Fretboard.jpg

Now, after exporting the same diagram to the current location as the diagram above I am warned that it already exists and will be overwritten, which I agree to. This is the result ~
    Fretboard.png

During the save/export on an over-write, the diagram is actually positioned to the X0,Y0 coordinates but with the unnecessary border. Personally, the diagram shouldn't have a border regardless because the border is added to the image with the color of the background within Preferences! Also the ruler should coincide with the pixel size one sets within their Grid Size preferences.
    Diagram_Error.jpg

Thanks,
    ShredDead
    http://www.ShredDead-Metal.com
    Last edited by ShredDead; 12-19-2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Added info regarding unnecessary border.

Hi ShredDead

Quote Originally Posted by ShredDead View Post

On v1.9 I have encountered an error from exporting a diagram that has already been exported and is rewritten.
    OK, well spotted. I can reproduce this too. I will raise a ticket for devs to take a look and identify a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by ShredDead View Post

During the save/export on an over-write, the diagram is actually positioned to the X0,Y0 coordinates but with the unnecessary border. Personally, the diagram shouldn't have a border regardless because the border is added to the image with the color of the background within Preferences! Also the ruler should coincide with the pixel size one sets within their Grid Size preferences.
    The border is just the page surround, It's always there around the page but isn't exported.. If you were to export the file in picture 3 you should NOT get the grey page surround or what you call border. I don't anyway.

I hope that makes sense but let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Kind regards
    Dean Cross

Dean,

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    The border is just the page surround, It's always there around the page but isn't exported.. If you were to export the file in picture 3 you should NOT get the grey page surround or what you call border. I don't anyway.

I hope that makes sense but let me know if you have any further questions on this.
    The picture in number 3 of a screenshot, with the grey border that gets exported, will turn to the background properties one defines within Preferences; which mine in set to black.

Here are a couple of included pictures to represent more clearly what I am talking about.

I did a screen shot and cropped the border to the exact outside border within Photoshop. It measures 1265x340px
    Fretboard_Border.jpg

This is my diagram that I exported as a .PNG and as you can see it is the same size as above but with the grey border now black as I spoke about would happen.
    Exported_Fretboard_Diagram.png

Here is my .FBD file so that you can test for yourself.
    Attachment 61

Now, when you export this to a file that already exists and is overwritten you get the shifted picture shown in number 2, of my first post, which is exactly the same size as the rest ( 1265x340px ).

Thanks,
    ShredDead
    Last edited by ShredDead; 12-21-2013 at 02:25 AM.

Hi ShredDead

I understood the image shifting position when overwriting and could reproduce this. I've logged a ticket with our developers to get a fix in place.

I now understand what you mean amount the additional border width. I will get the devs to look into this too, however I know they're working on exporting individual diagrams as images so you won't get any page element at all.

Thanks
    Dean

Thread Information