User's Guide in a PDF?

Just bought the Pro package last night. Software looks great, but now I need to learn how to use the many features that it has. I can't play with it at work and since there is no iPad version I cannot play with it on the train, though I would love to. Since I have a long train commute back and forth to NYC every day it would be nice if I could read a good old fashioned User's Guide document say in PDF format printed on paper. Personally I can't stand reading on-line documentation and always prefer to have a real book or document in front of me--guess I'm a bit old-fashioned. Is there a PDF User's Guide somewhere that I can print out and read on the train?

Hi Erik,

There isn't currently a PDF version of the user guide, however the documentation with the application isn't actually online - it's embedded in the app! You could click on each section and save a PDF from the browser perhaps; you'll then have a bunch of PDFs and could collate into a single if preferred.

Are you using a Mac? It's easy just dragging and dropping thumbnails in Preview - not sure about Windows, maybe Adobe's Reader lets you do that too?

You could definitely watch our tutorial videos on your iPad though, assuming you've mobile data:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NeckDiagrams/videos

And I'm planning on getting an iPad version under way soon also (there's a thread about that around here somewhere..) - it's a massive undertaking on top of all the v2 work we're already doing though!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, by on-line I mean on the computer screen (in a help environment, not neccessarily on the Web)--I'm old fashioned and I much prefer to have a book or paper manual in front of me especially for things like reading on the train. I don't have Internet access on either of my iPads (regular and mini) at this time. I guess I can try and cut and past some of your help screens, but I guess the bigger problem is that I do not have any PDF creator software. Would you consider supplying a User's Guide in PDF format with the product? I do miss the old days where you always got a nice manual with a piece of software--I realize that times have changed, but I do feel there are still many benefits to having that physical book there in front of you. A PDF file would be a nice compromise as it could be distributed electronically and those of us that wish to print it out can do so. I am currently PC based (oh the horror! ), but I also have a MacBook Pro and a Mac Book Air. Can I install your software on these three platforms or is there a limit on the number of installs? I use my Lennovo laptop as my main computer at home and rarely travel with that one because of it size.

Regarding the iPad app--sounds like a great idea. Stanley is in Russia right now touring, but when I show him your software and we have a chance to discuss some ideas I'm sure we'll have some interesting thoughts on what you have created--I have already been mulling a few scenarios in my mind. Hopefully we can all speak some time in the near future.

Anyway, thanks again for a very fine piece of software!

Would you consider supplying a User's Guide in PDF format with the product?
    Sure, it's something I can raise a ticket for - there might already be one in fact!

I guess I can try and cut and past some of your help screens, but I guess the bigger problem is that I do not have any PDF creator software.
    Well this turns out to be easier than I thought, as the Help system has a nifty option to "Print selected topic and subtopics" as you can see here:

I've saved the output and uploaded it so you can download the docs as a PDF (<= link!) and put it on your iPad etc

I am currently PC based (oh the horror! ), but I also have a MacBook Pro and a Mac Book Air. Can I install your software on these three platforms or is there a limit on the number of installs?
    Sure, the license isn't tied to a specific OS and three installs is fine.

I'm sure we'll have some interesting thoughts on what you have created
    Looking forward to hearing them!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thread Information