Accidentally Deleted

So I've been creating a guitar lesson manual for my sons and tonight I accidentally deleted the whole thing (months of work). I had intended to delete only 1 page and clicked 'yes' to delete then everything was gone.

Is it possible to undelete?

Hi Paul,

Uh oh! Unfortunately you can't undo file deletion.. However ND will take periodic backups of your pages and store them in time-stamped ZIP-files.

The documentation has more details about this - it's accessed via menu Help > Help Contents, and have a look at section Neck Diagrams > Reference > Automatic Backups:

As described there, the Automatic Backups page in the Preferences window will show you where the ZIP-files are.

Hopefully you'll find your missing files in the newest ZIP-file there!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Hi Justin,

If found the automatic backups section on my own last night and did manage to restore everything! A few minutes of frustration and panic are acceptable

Thanks for your help.

Oh, and by the way, THANK YOU for also providing a forum to help get the most out of this software. I'm reading through the Questions section and learning so much that I can apply to make what I've already done even better. The Tips section undoubtedly has even more info for me to apply.

I'm just afraid that with such cool, fun software at my disposal, my Facebook time might drop

Lol leave the Facebook alone already!!

BTW did you find the forum on your own, or perhaps through the menu item under the Help menu it the software? That's a new addition in the latest update and I'm hoping it will help more people make their way over to the forum..
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Lol leave the Facebook alone already!!

I found the forum through the website, actually... I was in panic mode over deleting things.

Thread Information