Neck Diagrams will be hiring this year!

Hi All,

Just a very brief heads up to let you all know that I'll be looking for folks to help out with Neck Diagrams during the year! The positions I currently think I'll have available are:

• Support/admin person
    • Mobile developer(s)

If you're an existing ND user then you'll have a head start, as obviously guitar knowledge will be a great help! Location will not be an issue, remote working is perfectly fine; a very good command of English will be required though.

The support/admin person's main duties will be to help out answering support emails, perhaps adding to the applications documentation, responding to posts on the forum etc. You'll need to be patient, trustworthy and personable! If you've any experience of support admin systems - I've only briefly looked at ZenDesk so far - then your input will be valued!

I'll also be looking for experienced mobile application developers, either native iOS/Android devs or with experience of cross platform frameworks.

Please don't email me about this just yet however! At this point I'm just putting feelers out there to try to gauge interest - if you are interested then by all means post a reply to this thread, as my inbox is already overflowing (which is why I need help!!)

I expect to mention this in the 1.9 release newsletter so I'll be looking to first find a support/admin person after 1.9 goes live - which, to avoid questions of WHEN??!, should be within a few weeks now, had been hoping for end of Feb but might be March now (SORRY!)
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

I'd definitely be interested in a Support/Admin position. What kind of availability would be required?

It's been a crazy day after the release so once things calm down a bit then I'll prepare more info in the next day or two!

Briefly though, I'd expect on average an hour a day would be plenty though, and obviously remote working is fine. Contact via Skype would be beneficial at least voice if not video...
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Sounds pretty cool. I do have Skype, and at work I have a cam on my iMac. I'm pretty well versed with Neck Diagrams, and my previous job was in computer repair/networking (as a tech and customer service manager), so troubleshooting issues generally isn't beyond me.

Once you have some more details up I'll take a look, thanks for the response!

EDIT: Oh, and I give private guitar/bass/piano lessons now, so fretboard knowledge as well as general music theory isn't an issue.
    Last edited by Johnland; 06-01-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Thread Information