Thread: Select special

Select special

We've already talked about the usefulness of a 'select special'. Let me highlight a particularly useful capability: 'Select note'. I often manually select every root or 5th or 6th or whatever in a diagram, to adjust them en masse. It would save time and avoid errors if I could say "select every sixth tone" in this diagram or on this page.

Ideally, I would also have "select-add" and "select-subtract" options (i.e. "add to selection" and "remove from selection").

To explain, I am often working with large 7-8-string fretboards (15-19 frets) with full arpeggios drawn out in light grey, on which I flag certain notes of interest. So on any given diagram, I might have ten-fifteen occurrences of the same tone.
    -- Trevor

Something like this you mean?

Don't think I've outed this in public yet, but this is coming in the 1.9 update. I won't give a date as every time I do I miss it, so I'll just say soon (..ish lol).

Ideally, I would also have "select-add" and "select-subtract" options (i.e. "add to selection" and "remove from selection").
    Hadn't thought of this - I've implemented the above so that the bottom 2 "select all interval/note" options are not shown when there is a mix of different notes/intervals in the selection. Having options to "Add" with submenus "All B's" & "All 2's" and similarly for "Remove" would actually be useful too - here comes another ticket
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Something like this you mean?
    Ooh! Ooh baby! Yes you nailed it. And 'remove all Bs' would be exactly right too. I might also like "select all notes on this fretboard".
    -- Trevor

Quote Originally Posted by spinality View Post
    I might also like "select all notes on this fretboard".
    You've already got that Trevor - "Select All Notes" has been in ND for a while! Take a look at the screenshot above, 2 up from the selected item on the menu. It operates on the selected fretboard(s) only, it doesn't select every note that can be found on a page
    But if you wanted that you could "Select All Fretboards" then "Select All Notes"
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    It operates on the selected fretboard(s) only, it doesn't select every note that can be found on a page
    But if you wanted that you could "Select All Fretboards" then "Select All Notes"
    Ah, great, I misunderstood (hadn't used this feature). I figured that since 'select all fretboards' was scoped at the page level, then 'select all notes' would also be at the same scope. What you've done is more useful.
    -- Trevor

Thread Information