More line palette choices

I'd like more types of dotted/dashed lines, more line widths, more curved lines, polylines, line colors, etc. Basically: Lots more ways to link notes together that have visual differences. Lines should appear in the Inspector and be subject to lots of tweakage.
    -- Trevor

I'm finishing up a book that shows chords as they move and to show a note that stays the same form one fingerboard to another, the curved line isn't curve enough and only assumes a barre so it curves up (on a vertical neck, unless I missed something) and the new barre marker looks way better but on in the same fret and fingerboard. What happens is, the original barre curves up, the dotted line goes straight and I can't get them to NOT cover the fret number. Any thoughts?

The thing still rocks!

Hi Keith

Just trying to visualise what you're saying. Perhaps you could provide a screen shot just to clarify.

If you'd like one to one support from the official ND team then please visit http://support.neckdiagrams.com

regards
    Dean
    Last edited by Dean; 12-13-2015 at 09:57 AM.

Was this a reply to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Hi Keith

Just trying to visualise what you're saying. Perhaps you could provide i screen shot just to clarify to the forum users!

If you'd like one to one support form the official ND team then please visit www.support.neckdiagrams.com

regards
    Dean
    Hi Dean. Since I'm not Keith, I wonder if you posted this in the wrong thread? If you'd like me to mock up an inspector view of line styles, I guess I could do that although I'd think it was pretty self-evident: click the line, and then see a bunch of properties in the inspector that would let you change the line's appearance. Just like in the UI of every drawing program. -- Trevor
    -- Trevor

Hi Trevor

Apologies, I was responding to Keith's post which I forgot approve (long day) so you probably didn't see it.

As for the line tool. We're adding a Polyline tool in ND2. You'll have all the usual functions of a line tool, including width, dash, colour, arrow heads etc. You'll also be able to add kinks to bend the line around objects.

Oh and the line properties will be available / edited within the inspector.

I hope that's the kind of thing you're looking for.

Regards
    Dean

All is clear

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Apologies, I was responding to Keith's post which I forgot approve (long day) so you probably didn't see it.

As for the line tool. We're adding a Polyline tool in ND2. You'll have all the usual functions of a line tool, including width, dash, colour, arrow heads etc. You'll also be able to add kinks to bend the line around objects.

Oh and the line properties will be available / edited within the inspector.

I hope that's the kind of thing you're looking for.
    Makes much more sense now! And yes, those capabilities sound great.
    -- Trevor

Thread Information