I do a lot of note coloring. I'd love to see the following capabilities:

• A persistent color management toolbar/palette, perhaps detachable from Inspector, for one-click color control of objects (in fact, I'd like various quick-access palettes, as with Adobe UI design; the Inspector is good, but I'd like to reduce the number of clicks required)
  • When displaying/setting colors via the Inspector, the color displayed in the boxes should be set automatically to match the color of the current selection (as with Microsoft Office UI design). Frequently I want to change (for example) a red symbol to a half-red, half-blue symbol. It would reduce keystrokes if the color were set to the current value, rather than leaving it at my last setting.
  • I'd like more ways to split colors. At the least, add "top/bottom" to "left/right" and preferably let me set all four quadrants independently.
  • Instead of today's pop-up color chooser, provide a persistent color palette (either within a larger-format inspector or in an independent window/toolbar) linked to the current selection, for one-click color reading/setting/copying/etc. (To be clear: this feature is orthogonal to the color management palette suggested above. This feature corresponds to the pop-up color chooser; the above feature corresponds to the part of the Inspector that deals with note coloring.)
  • Provide links to 'recently used' colors as shortcuts in the color chooser.
  • Provide a way to "add color" to a note, rather than just setting it. This would either a) set an "uncolored" note to a give color, or b) split the note's current color into two or more quadrants and add the specified color.
  • Provide tools for automatic selection/coloring by range (i.e. over groups of strings or frets or note types or fingerings), preferably aware of the idea of "adding color" to a selection (above). For example, I just did a diagram where I colored chord blocks on adjacent strings/frets, alternating colors to show blocks built off the 7th string versus 6th string versus 5th string etc. in each section of the fretboard. I would have liked to say "add red to these four strings, these four frets" and magically see the new color overlaid on the specified notes.

I hope these suggestions are clear, and seen as helpful. Perhaps some of these are in the works already. Thanks for a great tool.

Is there a plugin framework exposed for users? I am just starting to use your tool, so I'm not sure how broad the feature set might be. I don't see any sign of user-extensible features, but the log makes it clear you have a lot of horsepower in the engine. That might be a way to address some advanced capabilities. - Trevor