Would Anyone Like to Earn Money Making Chord Charts for Me?

I am working on a project that will require a lot of chord images for guitar, mandolin, ukelele and banjo. I have attached a sample.

I will provide reference material that will show you the chords that need to have created. You do not have to know all of the instruments, but an understanding of how chord voicings work would be helpful. It is pretty straight forward stuff, but I don't have time. It takes about 3 minutes to make each chord, so I was thinking of paying $10 per 20 images, which equals $10 per hour.

I have attached a sample.
    Sample.png

Hi JonZ,

I sent you a PM with contact info.

Kind Regards,
    Fleet

Chord Charts Project

Hi Jon,

I sent you a PM with my details. I'd very much like to work on this project with you.

Cheers,
    Bob Ralston

Hi JonZ,

I'd like to get involved in with your project.I've been using Neck Diagrams for over a year in my private teaching practice. I'm also a Degree Student at the Institute for Contemporary Music Performance in London. I'm an expert in Theory and guitar and I am also very familiar with the other instruments you mentioned.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    Bob Ralston
    bobralston@gmail.com

Thank you for responding.

I am still working on the prototype, and making some design changes on the fly. I think it will take about 2 months to test, to see if the program is viable. So, it will probably be around June when I decide whether I can proceed to adding more content.

I guess I sort of jumped the gun on this post; I am new to this type of project and have had to solve more problems then I expected.

Again, thanks for the response, and I will get back to you.

Thanks for the reply JonZ,

What sort of application are you developing? I spent 23 years in IT, perhaps I could help. I've worked as a tester, developer, designer (including some of the worlds largest databases), analyst, project manager, etc. If you need some help, give me a shout.

Cheers,
    Bob Ralston
    Last edited by bobralston; 02-24-2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Additional information

Okay, I am ready to go on this project. What I will need is between 700 and 800 diagrams, and possibly the same amount again later. If you are interested in making the charts for me, send an email to jon@focusman.biz , and I will send you a link to a drop box file that has instructions, examples and an agreement. (The main point of the agreement is that I will own the designs—not you.) Sign and email a scan of the agreement, and I will send you the prototype for the first chord group of 36 chords and a check for $9, to get started. (I think it is best to start small. I want to be sure you think it is a fair deal, and that I am getting the diagrams I expect. We can go bigger later.)

Whoever would like to participate is welcome. The rate is $.50 per chord, and they can be done pretty quickly once you get the hang of it. I will send a different prototype to each person who wants to give it a crack, and send more once they are completed, on a first come first serve basis.

When the designs are done, they will be incorporated into a free online learning program, and I will let all of you know how to access it.

If the prototype of the site is successful, I will need more images for more instruments.

Thread Information