hendrix_nz

Question Left Handed problem.

Hi there,
    When changing diagrams into left handed versions, the tuning notes change to the wrong order (ie; from top E A D G B E instead of the other way around). Besides turning of the tunings altogether is there any way to fix this?.

Hi,
    You're talking about the horizontal fretboards, not the vertical fretboards, right?! The strings obviously need to flip for the vertical ones...

I believe you've uncovered a bona fide bug (unfortunately)... I made a couple of fretboards to see what's going on, and here's what I believe the problem is:

You can see that the tuning is actually still correct on the left-handed fretboard as the notes are all still C's!

The problem is only with the string naming on the right-hand end. This gets flipped for vertical fretboards and looks like it's also happening for horizontal ones, which it shouldn't..

I'm not sure how to work around this, other than hiding the tuning and putting on a text box with the tuning entered manually, for the time being. At least once you've done that once you can then just copy & paste it.

I'll add this to the list for the up-coming v1.9 release; shouldn't be too long a wait now, a few weeks with any luck.

Thanks for letting us know about this!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

hendrix_nz
    Yup that was exactly what I meant. Sorry didn't think about my lack of details (verticle vs horizontal) until after I posted.
    Cool think I can wait till it's fixed in v1.9 however thank you for your temporary fix.
    Cheers

Thread Information