Importing problems

I created a bunch of diagrams. Arranged them using the file folders on my mac then neck diagrams would read that they were there for about half of them. I put the folders back to the original and no change. The files are there but i cannot import them, i just get an error message. It says reason but then nothing. I can open them no problem but I cannot save them. They are no longer in the neck diagrams gallery and i cannot work out a way to get them in

How do i get round this? I have a bunch of diagrams which i want to better arrange into four or 5 folders

Hi,

Not quite sure I'm following you... you've removed some pages from the Diagram Gallery, or have you renamed files or folders? Or have you been changing file/folder names outside the Diagram Gallery directly on the Mac via Finder perhaps? If it's the last of these then don't do that! ND maintains a database and changes outside of ND will mess things up.

How are you importing? Double-clicking .fbd files? Or dragging back into the Diagram Gallery?

If you're getting an error message then the details will be helpful. If you like please do email me as much info as you can (email address on the Support page)!

Regards,
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Hi Justin.

Yes, i was trying to organise them outside of ND. However all is ok now, it seems it just takes a little time - maybe 5 or 6 reloads of ND - and it just figures it out. Originally it was refusing to import but then it just started working, at the same time it also started to read the folders i created outside of ND and display them in it with the diagrams. I never did anything different. Out of interest the error message gave no code. It just said 'reason'. Upon clicking details it just showed a few files. I cant remember off hand exactly what they were. I think they were some ind of java thing

Either way, i will be working within ND in future. Im starting to understand the program a little more now Thanks for your reply.

Thread Information