Default to Notes instead of Intervals

I have gone into Preferences and changed the setting under fretboard from Intervals to Notes. All 3 of them. I rebooted my computer, running Windows 11, but it still boots up with Intervals. How can I change it so it will start with Notes?

Hi jcwillow777,

Preferences are the defaults that are applied when creating new items.

Changing preferences (except for a handful of specific options) will not change anything in existing documents. Otherwise whenever you opened some document you created in the past it might end up looking completely different and you'd have to try to remember what you'd set the preferences to when you created it and then change them back!

I'm guessing that you weren't creating a new document/fretboard but opening a doc you'd already created. In that case you need to adjust the settings of the existing fretboards via the Inpector..
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

I am trying to set up new documents so that notes will appear rather than intervals. Like I said I have already changed the settings in preferences to notes, but iintervals still come up as default.

I have already changed all of the documents I've saved with notes rather than intervals.

That's odd - the only setting you need to set is Preferences > Fretboard > Labels > Note Marker.

Are you maybe using a custom template, ie one of your own pages saved as a template..?
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

I am using a template I custom made. I only change the color of the fretboard to white and added a blank title header to the top of the page page. Oh, I deleted one of the fretboards.

Ok, I went into one of the of the fretboards that are stock. When I add a scale to the fretboard it comes out with notes.

So, when I custom make a page, the options are off the table?
    Last edited by jcwillow777; 02-07-2024 at 07:35 PM.

I am using a template I custom made.

Thread Information