Trouble finding how to change note names to intervals

Hello Everyone,

I'm a complete novice with ND 2, downloaded the demo version and created my first chord/arpeggio diagram.
    I'm trying to figure out how to change the note names to interval labels/names. Despite searching Help and the forum and watching the ND videos on YouTube I'm still in the dark about this. Any instruction on this task would be much appreciated.

Thanks to all!
    vdeck

Hi vdeck,

- Do you have a root note set? Intervals can't be displayed if there's no root defined, as they're relative to that note. If not set, click your root note and check the box "This is a root note" at the top of the Inspector settings for the note; or right-click the note and select "Set as root"

- Click on the fretboard itself - in the Inspector, on the first tab there's a "Note markers" section - change the "Labels" option to "Intervals"

The note marker labels option on the fretboard acts as a "master setting" for the notes on the fretboard - they'll follow the selected label type. This makes it easy to change what the notes display in one go.

You can also change the label type for a note directly - but this is meant as an override - i.e. if you want to mix and match, and have some notes with a different label for whatever reason. So the label style for notes themselves should be "As fretboard" and they'll follow the master setting - changing it to one of the other options causes the note to use the selected value regardless of the fretboard's "master setting".

Preferences & Defaults

You can also change the default note marker label for newly created fretboard in the Preferences, on the "Fretboard" settings page. E.g. if you know you're going to create a load of fretboards and will want them to show fingerings, then you change the default and then won't then need to change it for each fretboard!

Hope that helps - if anything's unclear then please email and I can send screenshots, nearly 1am here so too late to fiddle with uploading stuff to the forum right now!

BTW I plan to create a series of short, focused tutorial videos in the coming months, this'll be a good topic to cover!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your responsiveness and this comprehensive helpful reply!
    I can’t wait to get back to my computer!

Best regards,
    vdeck

Thread Information