How to disable Message - want to add file's parent folder

I organize my fbd files not in the standard folder, but in folders that contain all the files of a song. Whenever I save a fbd file thereīs a warning message prompting me.
    It says: "The file is about to be saved outside of the current data folders.
    Do you want to add the file's parent folder as a data folder in the Diagram Gallery?"

Is there a way to disable this message? Because I never want to add this to the gallery.

Thank You!
    Michael

Hi micck,

You can't disable the message message in itself, although you can configure things so it doesn't show up - but I'm curious why you say you'd never wan to add this to the gallery?

The Diagram Gallery is just like having a File Explorer / Finder view where you see your files and also thumbnails making it easier to find things.

I organize my fbd files not in the standard folder, but in folders that contain all the files of a song.
    Are all these folders in some main folder? I'd recommend you add that folder to the Data Folders page in Preferences. The Diagram Gallery will then track it and the subfolders, and you won't get the warning message.

(note - you can have multiple Data Folders, but if you're not using the default location you can remove it..)
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

I already wrote a reply some days ago - don't know why itīs not shown here. Anyhow:

When I want to add the folder to the Gallery it says: "Selected folder contains too many files/folders. This could significantly degrade the performance of Neck Diagrams. Please select another folder."

It has 650+ folders/songs with all kinds of files (& subfolders) in there

I also only need to access the diagram once, because then I paste it into my notation software on the song page. Thatīs why I don't use the gallery for those.

Hi Justin, any update on this topic?

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the slow reply, never enough time! I'll raise a dev ticket for this, probably will add an option to the message box "Don't ask me again about this" and allow it to be reset via Preferences, in case it turns out there's a need for it to ask again in future!

Aiming to get an update out in July so should have this included, with a little luck
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thank you, Justin! Thatīs a great solution

Thread Information