What is the difference between the versions? I am a beginner guitar player

I am a 74 year-old beginner on guitar. Heard about this software from JustinGuitar.com.

I would like to make charts or diagrams of the scales and chords I want to practice so they appear on my desktop computer screen and also to maybe print them out so I can use them when not on the computer.

Which version should I buy? Standard or Pro? And what are ND1 and ND2? Are there actual levels within the different versions?

Thanks for any help with this.

Hi there!

And what are ND1 and ND2? Are there actual levels within the different versions?
    ND1 is the old version 1 of Neck Diagrams, originally released way back in 2009! ND2 is shorthand for version 2, which added tons of new features. v2.0 was first released in 2019. The current release is v2.3.2.

Which version should I buy? Standard or Pro?
    I'm guessing you've seen the feature comparison chart on the [u]Buy page[/a]? If you hover the mouse pointer over the circular "i" icon next to some of the point you'll get a popup with further info about that feature. I'm including a screenshot below just in case!

It sounds like you'd be fine with the basic Standard feature set! There's some features in the Pro version you might find handy, such as the Scale Generator. If you need to export documents to other formats such as images or PDFs then that's part of the Pro feature set, but if you're expecting to be just printing then Standard is fine for that of course.

You can always start with Standard and upgrade to Pro if you'd like at a future date - it's just the difference in price between the 2 full licenses, so no price penalty for doing that.

Of course you can download Neck Diagrams right away and it'll run in 'Trial' mode initially, which'll give you a chance to see which features you're using before deciding which license type you'd like!

All the best,
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thank you Justin.

Thread Information