Diagrams Being Cut Off On Export

Hi,

I tried doing a forum search for this exact issue, but I couldn't find anyone who had posted about it. I'm running ND 2.3 (latest release at the moment) and every time I export my document, some of the diagrams get weirdly stretched out vertically and simultaneously cut off. It's really frustrating because they appear normal in the program, but then they will just randomly change. Not sure what's going on.

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 8.09.57 AM.png

Pic related shows normal diagram vs. glitched one.

Thanks

Hi jamsville,

Thanks for reporting this! I can't replicate this with my docs however, maybe you could post (or email) a .fbd file that exhibits this and your export settings?

I have however encountered an issue that looks like this, where a fretboard will repaint a little stretched and truncated in the application, although in my testing it's been triggered when having a legend row and changing the number of frets so more or fewer notes are shown on the fretboard.

I've got a fix for that issue, so maybe you'd like to try a new build? I can't tell at this stage if it's the same issue but with any luck it is and already fixed! (I'm aiming to release a v2.3.1 patch release next week with a few other tweaks and fixes)
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Hi jamsville,

Thanks for reporting this! I can't replicate this with my docs however, maybe you could post (or email) a .fbd file that exhibits this and your export settings?

I have however encountered an issue that looks like this, where a fretboard will repaint a little stretched and truncated in the application, although in my testing it's been triggered when having a legend row and changing the number of frets so more or fewer notes are shown on the fretboard.

I've got a fix for that issue, so maybe you'd like to try a new build? I can't tell at this stage if it's the same issue but with any luck it is and already fixed! (I'm aiming to release a v2.3.1 patch release next week with a few other tweaks and fixes)
    3 Steps To Advanced Chords.fbd

Thanks for the quick response, Justin! I've attached the fbd file here. I've just been exporting it as a PDF, not changing any other settings. Appreciate your help!

Thanks for sharing the document - I can see the problem and I think I have a solution! Couple of things to sort out yet but it's looking good for a 2.3.1 release next week sometime, although happy to provide an early access build with this fix if you'd like..

BTW great document, some quality content there, looks like you're writing a book or course right?!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Awesome, glad that you've gotten it figured out! That would be awesome to get the build, I really appreciate that!

It's actually a free document that I'm using as a lead magnet, but I already have a course out and am constantly making video lessons with documents to go along with them. Neck Diagrams has certainly been an indispensable tool in my workflow and I thank you all so much for the work you've gone through to make the program for all of us!

Please do drop me an email to the Support email address - it's on the "About Neck Diagrams" window in the application or you can use the form on the Help page also!

I can then email you a build link once the code review is complete and it's ready..
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Hi jamsville,

v2.3.1 has been released - you should see an update notification if your ND is running, otherwise you can just grab it from the Download page!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thread Information