Selecting the same interval on multiple fretboards

The version 2.3.0 RC10/1760/2bfc593d release notes advertises the following enhancements:

Enhanced the note marker selection menu options to work not only for single fretboards but across multiple selected fretboards. You can now..
    • select the same note on different fretboards
    • select the same interval on different fretboards, even if different underlying notes
    • select notes on matching strings across different fretboards

I can't seem to find any way to select a specific interval across different fretboards. The menu options are as follows: Menu.png

Can someone please clarify?

Hi MassGuitar,

You need to select notes on the different fretboards first and then use those menus - otherwise it won't know which fretboards to action! E.g. select a 5th on one fretboard, a 5th on another, etc and then right-click one of them and select the "Select all 5's" option.

If you're not sure how to select more than one thing, then you do that by holding down the CTRL key (CMD on Mac) whilst clicking on another object which will then add it to the selection.

In previous releases only the "Select all notes" option was available when the selection had notes across different fretboards!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Got it. Thanks for the clarification. I was looking for a faster way, for example, by first selecting the fretboards, then right-clicking any 5th, or "Select all 5's on this page".

Quote Originally Posted by MassGuitar View Post
    I was looking for a faster way, for example, by first selecting the fretboards, then right-clicking any 5th
    Well, to be fair, selecting the fretboards is the same number of clicks as selecting a note on each

Quote Originally Posted by MassGuitar View Post
    or "Select all 5's on this page".
    Yes I'd thought something like this might be useful but I'm not sure how to implement this without ending up with way too many menu options! For example, do you get a top-level menu entry (in the Edit menu) for every distinct note on the fretboards of the current page?

Maybe there's a nicer way to do this, perhaps only for the right-click context menu, e.g. by grouping the menus by 'current selection' vs 'this page'. Again, downside is additional menu nesting to avoid huge right-click menus, but perhaps a worthwhile trade-off!

I'm always open to suggestions if you've got ideas
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Well, to be fair, selecting the fretboards is the same number of clicks as selecting a note on each
    True, although selecting a fretboard is faster since you don't have to be as precise when making the selection. Plus, you can press CTRL+SHIFT+F to quickly select all fretboards. Just thinking of ways to improve workflow and reduce the number of clicks.

Thread Information