X, O, and T symbols in the Legend Label Row

I request that you enablie ND to use the X, 0, and T symbols in the Legend Label row. I've tried adding these symbols via a text box, but it is very time consuming and an inconsistent look.

X = do not play, 0 = open string, and T = Thumb. It would be a very helpful feature to have all these symbols
    (1 2 3 4 X 0 and T) in the Legend Label row below the fret board just like the fingering numbers are now.

I think it would also provide a more stream lined look.

Thanks for your consideration,
    Doug Cameron

Hi Doug,

It looks like I managed to forget to reply to your last post in another thread - apologies for that..

I've had a couple other folks ask about this, and I've thought of a way I can add this capability fairly easily - here's how it'd work:

(1) there'd be 2 new fingering options, X & O (T is already there!):

(2) add note markers at the nut and set the fingering to X / O as required:

(3) you can then hide the 'open string area' at the nut, so you don't duplicate the details, and the X / O fingering info will still show in the legend:

How does that sound? I could include this enhancement in the upcoming v2.3 release..
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

X and O in the Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Hi Doug,

It looks like I managed to forget to reply to your last post in another thread - apologies for that..

I've had a couple other folks ask about this, and I've thought of a way I can add this capability fairly easily - here's how it'd work:

(3) you can then hide the 'open string area' at the nut, so you don't duplicate the details, and the X / O fingering info will still show in the legend:

How does that sound? I could include this enhancement in the upcoming v2.3 release..
    Hi Justin,

That would be an excellent update for my use of Neck Diagrams. Is that possible in the next update? And if so do you have an expected date for the update?

Many thanks,
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Hi Doug,

Yes, please! +1 to this.

Hi guys..

(Sorry Doug - didn't see your post, had problems with email notifications which should be resolved now!)

This has already been implemented and so will be included in v2.3 I'm hoping to release around the end of the month, or early Feb..
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thread Information