Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Printing Wrong

Hi all,

First off, I need to clarify that genuine members of NeckDiagrams team cannot and will not engage in questions relating to any 3rd party. Forum members are advised to contact said 3rd party via the support channels it offers its users.

Now, on to the ND2 issue.

@Karmar - as per Johland, a genuine 'thank you' for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback and potential solutions. The obvious argument from our perspective is that you're a new ND2 user whilst Johnland has followed the ND1 upgrade path.

@Johnland - by all means revert to ND1 if it's a quick solution. My worry is you cannot access the features only available in ND2! Personally, there are so many improvements, enhancements and the like, I would respectfully ask you to continue with ND2 and simply export to PDF when you need to print.

My concern is that you'll mix and match your ND1 and ND2 workspaces until they're way out of sync.

I will send you a private message on how to access and forward us files that should help us investigate and identify any issues.

Best
    Dean

Thank you for the response, Dean.

To be honest, unless a lot of folks are reporting a similar issue, I'm okay with just using ND1 for now. I'm pretty good at managing my files, and I'll definitely only be installing ND2 on the new system when the time comes.

I'd hate to take up a lot of your time, especially if there are potentially bigger fish to fry on the development side of things.

That being said, I'm absolutely willing to do/send whatever you need. Let me know!

You guys all have a groovy day.

Hey folks!

I've finally moved a new system into my room, and have had some time to work with ND2 on a fresh Windows 10 installation.

It does seem like all of my diagrams are seeing some scaling issue when opened with ND2, though it is far less extreme than it was on my OSX installation. Everything seems slightly larger, and the font size within text bosses is several notches higher than in ND1. This is far more manageable an issue than I was experiencing previously, and I can make small adjustments as needed without it taking too much time.

I have experienced some issues with occasional crashes, stalling, and slow performance. I generally don't utilize more than 50-60% of my available RAM, am working from a SSD, and have a reasonably decent processor that is rarely under heavy load. The above issue that occurs most frequently would be slow performance, where the program will chug along slowly and/or not respond for a bit.

Altogether, I can use the program now and am very happy about that.

Hi John

There are some minor scaling/font size differences when opening a file on Windows that was created on OSX and vice versa. It's down to their different native dpi with OSX being 72dpi and Windows 96dpi.

We're working on a solution so files can be shared across platforms and edited seamlessly.

Is the original print issue resolved after moving to Windows?

Regards
    Dean
    Last edited by Dean; 08-10-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Hello Dean,

I'm so sorry for not following up here, with some projects coming due and my teaching scheduling filling back up at the end of summer, I forgot to check back here!

Thank you for the info on the font size differences, that helped clear things up in that regard.

The original print issue carried over to Windows, unfortunately. New diagrams do not seem to have this issue, so I'm not sure where the problem lies. I've started recreating charts as needed so that everything would print the way it used to. I'm changing a few things about how I present information to students, so I'll be focusing on making and using new charts anyways.

I've compared all settings between new diagrams and old ones, and nothing seems to be different.

Thread Information