Welcome to the Neck Diagrams Forums!

Welcome!
    We've just launched the new Neck Diagrams forums!

Hopefully you'll find this a great place to come to chat about all things Neck Diagrams

Feel free to ask any questions, like "How do I do this..?", suggest any new features, or to post .fbd files to share with everyone!

As we've only just launched, things'll be quiet for a while, but do come by anytime - we'll build up a wealth of information for you all in no time!

Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Just to echo what Justin has said- welcome to the forum.
    I'm excited about developing a place for Neck Diagrams users to meet, chat and share information.

I'm going to be handling some of the moderation duties on the forum as well as helping out members with questions relating to the use of Neck Diagrams.

James Richmond
    Forum moderator

Daven
    Thanks guys, I think this will be helpful.

Daven

Seriously James, I'm not stalking you!

Hey Matt, how are things?

LOL- yeah we do seem to frequent the same places.
    I haven't been on MT for a bit- but back training now after a tricky summer- going to start posting in my journal again soon.
    What about you?

My gym closed in August so a bit out of the training game for a while.

Just got back from 3 weeks in Brazil and brought my 14 yr old step son back with us, so lot of change going to happen.

I'll get to teach him to play though, and have someone to play Xbox with!

Selling all the amp and pedal stuff I haven't used in 3 years since buying the Axe Fx Ultra to help finance a decent pc for recording. My laptop is in bad shape and doesn't like omnisphere

Hi Justin, Matt, and others!
    I became familiar with Neck Diagrams through its use by instructors in courses at TrueFire.com and I purchased it a year or two ago. I love the product since it helps me as a student and a teacher. I also found out about this newer forum from my friend, Posterboy over on TrueFire's forum. I made some charts to show my TrueFire instructor Jeff Beasley and he liked the program so much that he just recently purchased the product as well. I think that is him asking about how to get it onto his laptop in another part of the forum. Well, I am brand new here, but if the company you folks keep (Justin, Matt, Jeff) is any indication, there should be a multitude of great people and good information here in this forum. This is exciting. Keep up the good work!

Good to have you here! Hopefully we'll build up a good community, and I'm sure the info will build up steadily over time BTW Jeff's issue got sorted out, seems like a strange one but probably was some weird copy/paste issue with the license code - maybe he'd grabbed an unwanted character like a space or something!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

I'm trying to create some Barre Chord diagrams but I can not work out how to label the note names in the legend type row 1 if the string is being held down as part of the barre chord - for example the B string in a G major Barre chord should be labelled as a 'D' note.
    Any help please?

Hi Allan,

Yes, unfortunately the barre doesn't cause those additional notes "under" it to show up in the legends. I think I have this on the task list already, if not then I'll raise a ticket for it!

I think the easiest way to get around this will be to add a text box on top of the legend, matching the font, and typing in the additional notes you're after. Not ideal, but hopefully that'll help in the meantime..?
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thread Information