Finishing touches

Anyone out there can offer me some tips and tricks for;
    Finishing off a diagram with, Headers, Footers and adding Filenames
    I use the "text box" but it's a painfully slow way to add filenames etc.
    Plus without a Header or Footer and Filename features it uses up
    "valuable diagram work space"......
    Suggestions appreciated :-)

Hi there

Do you mean a title and footer per diagram (fretboard) or for the document itself? Footers-per-diagram are coming in our next release. If you mean a header and footer for the document/page then I'd suggest using text boxes as you are and creating a template if you haven't already. That way you have an ideal starting point.

You can turn and document into a template - simply locate the document in the Diagrams Gallery, Right-click and select 'Save as template'. It'll then be available in the New Diagram wizard.

I'm not 100% sure I understand the filename feature - are you after a simple method of displaying the file location on the page?

Thanks
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Hi there

Do you mean a title and footer per diagram (fretboard) or for the document itself? Footers-per-diagram are coming in our next release. If you mean a header and footer for the document/page then I'd suggest using text boxes as you are and creating a template if you haven't already. That way you have an ideal starting point.

You can turn and document into a template - simply locate the document in the Diagrams Gallery, Right-click and select 'Save as template'. It'll then be available in the New Diagram wizard.

I'm not 100% sure I understand the filename feature - are you after a simple method of displaying the file location on the page?

Thanks
    Dean
    Originally Posted by Dean
    Hi there

Do you mean a title and footer per diagram (fretboard) or for the document itself?
    REPLY - Thanks Dean, I think I mean the "diagram itself" (.ftb) neck diagram.
    I don't know what the "document" means?
    I have made about 500 "neck diagrams" and I want to ID/track each diagram after printing.
    If I see a diagram laying around I can pick it up a and straight away,
    I can see the name of that file/diagram (piece of paper) in the "footer".
    My neck diagrams all have a file name and a diagram name.
    I could email you a copy of one of my diagrams if you would like to see one.

Footers-per-diagram are coming in our next release. I
    REPLY - That's great and sounds like it will fix my problem.
    What is your target date for "next release"?
    Will there be many changes and updates?

f you mean a header and footer for the document/page then I'd suggest using text boxes as you are and creating a template if you haven't already. That way you have an ideal starting point.
    REPLY A template doesn't really help at all because each file name and document number is unique.

REPLY Not so much the file location but the "file name".

Cheers-n-beers - Rocky Hill

Thanks
    Dean

Thread Information