Changing the color of the fretboard

Changing the color of the fretboard

I just got Neck Diagrams Pro and must say, I'm quite impressed. I can't remember how many hours I've spent over the years making diagrams of the scales and chords I wanted using a photo program.

I do have one question, though. Is there a way to change the fretboard color from yellow to a color that looks more like an actual fretboard? I know one can change fretboard color via the Windows Color selector but that's not what I'm looking for (unless anyone has found a color that is more like a guitar fretboard - some RGB that works).

For some reason, I find the default yellow color distracting.

Thanks,
    Jim

Hi Jim and welcome to the forum.

Woody/Grainy style fretboards are coming in our next major release. A quick look around the froum should provide some inspritation for colour schemes in the interim.

Here'a a link to an example thread - http://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums/s...hredDead-Metal

Thanks
    Dean
    Attached Images Attached Images

In case anyone else is interested, after experimenting, I found something that may work OK as a darker fretboard ...

RGB 225, 147, 14

I know I've said it before but I'll say it again ... this software is amazing!!!

I've written a lot of software in my years (not a lot in Java, though) but am experienced enough in software development to say that this software is truly a masterpiece and a work of art. I can see that a lot of thought went into this.

On to my question ...

I opened ShredDead's Custom Diagram Preferences (referenced above) which was apparently made in an earlier version of Neck Diagrams. I am trying to customize it (change 24 frets to 12 for one thing) and when I try to make changes, I am getting a java.lang.NullPointerException.

Is there a way I can modify his file 'ShredDead.fbd' to work in the current version?

Thanks,
    Jim
    Last edited by Dean; 02-01-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Hi Jim

Looks like an issue with page size more than anything else. Ive removed the log just to be sure - I don't believe there was any sensetive info in it though.

I'll take a look at and try to use the FDB in the latest version my end

Thanks
    Dean

Just had a look at the file, and it's a page size problem as Dean suggests.

I've uploaded a modified version of the file to that thread, over here. Should work fine now!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thank you!

Thread Information