I am a developer/Cyber Security major. I was a jazz studies major at the University of Alabama for three years before I transferred back home.

I requested that a particular feature be added for the diminished scale. As you may or may not know in a diminished seventh chord each note can be interpreted as a root. You move the chord up three frets and it's the same. The same applies for the scale.

In a Diminished Scale (you really should only think in terms of whole half - they're both the same scale and I haven't seen any advantage to overcomplicating it with a different root aka half whole).

In a diminished scale anyways every other root is a chord tone/potential root.

When I was getting hip to the Diminished Scale I figured out that if you assigned a color to each chord tone you see how they move around as the scale repeats itself up the neck and it allows you to have complete control of the neck.

I have reached out to Neck Diagrams about this feature and despite having a team of Engineers they won't do it.

I coded Two years of Pascal one year of C++ and one year of basic in high school. In college I've done a lot of web development.

I haven't gotten to my major classes yet, but after I complete Java I am going to create an open source version of this software.

We will add this feature because writing marker on paper is not the most efficient way to teach this concept.

If you would like to know when I finish it please email me at burnedfaceless@gmail.com.

Sincerely,
Brian Abbott