a way to generate chord and scale at the same time?

is there a way to generate a chord and scale at the same time? currently i am mapping out some caged chords with the respective scales for students. is there a way to do it to have the chord generated first then the scale generated in a second box after in the correct area of the neck? and if it cant be auto generated what is the best way to create this format?

Hi there

No, I'm afraid this isn't currently possible. I can certainly raise a request for us to consider this for a future version.

In the meantime the quickest workflow, I think, is to create the scale via the SG, copy and paste the diagram (fretboard) and the remove the notes you don't require. If you shift-click (hold the shift key down whilst selecting note markers with the mouse) you can edit or remove multiple markers simultaneously which should also speed things up.

An alternative is to call up the SG again this time choosing from the 'Triads' menu. The pitch and frets/shape should be remembered from the previous selection.

Hopefully one of the above will help knock these up pretty quick, albeit after a couple run throughs.

Thanks
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Hi there

No, I'm afraid this isn't currently possible. I can certainly raise a request for us to consider this for a future version.

In the meantime the quickest workflow, I think, is to create the scale via the SG, copy and paste the diagram (fretboard) and the remove the notes you don't require. If you shift-click (hold the shift key down whilst selecting note markers with the mouse) you can edit or remove multiple markers simultaneously which should also speed things up.

An alternative is to call up the SG again this time choosing from the 'Triads' menu. The pitch and frets/shape should be remembered from the previous selection.

Hopefully one of the above will help knock these up pretty quick, albeit after a couple run throughs.

Thanks
    Dean
    that would be a decent feature to add! many thanks if you can put this forward.

Thread Information