PDA

View Full Version : Problems upgrading to v1.11

mwynwood
06-28-2016, 02:10 AM
Hi all,
I just upgraded to 1.11, and not it's gone back in to Trial mode, and I've lost all my diagrams!
Help!

carbenez
06-28-2016, 09:34 AM
I lost my diagrams also....luckily I have them saved on an external drive also.

I will be very interested in the replies from ND

Justin
06-28-2016, 09:44 AM
We pulled the release early this (UK) morning and are looking into this problem - both of you are Windows 10 users, right?

- http://www.neckdiagrams.com/blog/ND-111-release-pulled-whilst-we-investigate-issues-on-Windows-10

Don't worry as ND takes backups of all your work so nothing should be lost!

We're now trying to get some users with this problem to email us their logfiles - if you could do that would be much appreciated! Let me know if you need info on how to get hold of the logfile and we'll post details here.

Apologies & thanks for your patience whilst we sort this out..

mwynwood
07-01-2016, 12:36 AM
No worries Justin, thanks for your quick reply.

I found my backups, so no drama there. Yes - I'm on Windows 10.
If you let me know which log files you need, I'll be happy to send them to you.
Are they somewhere here: C:\Users\Marcus\AppData\Roaming\NeckDiagrams ?

Justin
07-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Have just emailed you details about where to find the logfiles!

BTW we know what's happened now and are working on a fix that won't involve user intervention to get things back how they were..

(I've updated that blog post linked to above)

mwynwood
07-10-2016, 05:33 AM
No worries, happy to help.
I've just replied to your email with the log files attached.

Justin
07-17-2016, 06:04 PM
Hi Marcus, carbenez,

Hopefully you've seen some of the communications (Blog post (http://www.neckdiagrams.com/blog/ND-1.11.1-ready-to-download), Facebook post (https://www.facebook.com/NeckDiagrams/), Newsletter email (http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=575d6541491fe0d9d842db75a&id=5c40742fad)..) that v1.11.1 was released last Thursday which includes a fix for the problem you encountered and installing it should revert your Diagram Gallery to how it was prior to the problematic 1.11 release.

Let me know how things look for you and if you need any further assistance..

merlin01
07-18-2016, 08:04 PM
Finally got around to updating to 1.11.1 (downloaded it yesterday) on my Win7 machine. Suffered the same problems as mwynwood originally posted - New version installed as trial (didn't maintain license), loads with default charts and nothing else, none of my previous works/projects/folders were carried over, and of less importance but still an issue, it didn't create a desktop shortcut when the box was ticked at the end of the install.

Justin
07-19-2016, 08:56 AM
Hi merlin01,

We've not had any reports of this on Win7 and the earlier issue was with 1.11.0 so I'm guessing something else is up here!

I believe Dean has emailed you details of how to email us your logfiles and we can investigate for you. Don't worry though, ND creates backups of your work so if nothing major has happened to your computer we'll be able to get you back to how things were.

merlin01
07-19-2016, 07:55 PM
Thanks Justin,
Dean messaged me here on the forum and gave me an email address to send the log file to.
I thought the location of the log file was weird (contacts), but that's where my old project folders and Example Diagrams/My Diagrams folders were too.
C:\Users\*USER*\Contacts\Application Data\NeckDiagrams

Justin
07-20-2016, 07:44 AM
I was looking at your logfile yesterday actually, there's no errors and it just looks like a completely fresh installation, so I figured if you did have ND already on this machine and diagrams already created the workspace must've been created somewhere else!

It's great that you found where they were - extremely bizarre about the path too. What version of Windows are you using? We'd been testing on an Enterprise version of Win10 which it turns out behaved wrongly leading to the problems with the 1.11.0 release..

I'll reply to your email with the logs with steps to sort out your install.

merlin01
07-21-2016, 03:09 AM
Thanks for the email, and thanks for the heads up about where these folders belong. ND is back to normal. :D
Only other thing was the desktop shortcut not being created by the installer, it was ticked at the last page of the installer yet didn't appear on a Win 7 Ultimate x64 machine. Thanks for your help.

Justin
07-22-2016, 01:30 PM
That's very odd about the shortcut! You're sure it's not been created somewhere weird & unexpected you wouldn't normally look, like the bottom right corner?

A missing shortcut isn't something we've heard about, easy to sort out as you say in the email, perhaps we should add some kind of logging to the installer in future to help iron this one out!