PDA

View Full Version : Hello

kkristen1
10-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Hi.
My name is Kristen, and I just purchased Neck Diagrams. I'm also a guitar instructor. I create diagrams on my desktop at home, then I take my laptop to lessons, where I print it out. I was wondering if there was an easy way to "sync" my account to my laptop, so I can have my diagrams imported, instead of Alt Drag to desktop, then email.
Great software!
Thank you!

Dean
10-14-2014, 08:56 AM
Hi Kristen

Congrats on purchasing ND and welcome to the forum.

Whilst there is no easy way to currently 'sync' across devices, we have received a lot of requests for this feature so have a ticket logged with our devs to look into this for a future version. No ETA at the minute I'm afraid and no details on what sync method we'll implement.

In the meantime I guess the quickest option is to use a cloud solution like Dropbox, Google Drive, Sky Drive etc to store and import to each device. I just get my Dropbox folder up alongside ND and CTRL drag (ALT drag for Mac) to copy fdb files or complete project folders. I can then easily access them via Dropbox and drag them into the Diagram Gallery on either my laptop or PC when needed.

Hope that helps as a work around for now.

Regards
Dean

Justin
10-14-2014, 10:44 AM
BTW Kristen, this short 30 sec vid shows how to get a ".fbd" file for a page, as Dean described:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7CethmxGvU

And once copied/synced to another computer either just double click the file and ND will prompt you to import it (and you select which project/folder) it should go into, or just drag it to the place you want in the Diagram Gallery.

Justin
10-14-2014, 12:21 PM
.. instead of Alt Drag to desktop, then email.

D'Oh! If only I'd read the whole post first! :o