PDA

View Full Version : Drop 2 Chords, Strings 1234

Johnland
05-29-2014, 10:19 PM
Hey folks!

I'm pretty happy with where the charts are at now. I'll probably work on the verbage a bit later, but this is functional for teaching :).

Please feel free to use it or criticize it (constructively if possible, hah!).

Let me know what you think.

**Edit
I know that you may wonder why I've only included Dominant chords in these charts. I start students off with just the Dominant chord, and then I teach them the spelling for Maj7, -7, -7b5, etc... and have them work out the shapes on their own.

Students (who practice, hehe) tend to retain chord knowledge a lot better if they have to work out the shapes themselves. That way they never have to wonder how a chord is actually constructed.

Dean
06-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Hi John

Thanks for sharing. This has actually got me researching the www as I've never heard of Drop 2 Chords before, even after all these years and many theory exams. I guess it's because I've never really studied Jazz in great detail. But ssshhhh, don't tell Justin I said that, he's a real Jazz Man.

Regards
Dean

Johnland
06-05-2014, 10:52 PM
Haha! Your secret is safe with me sir!

/shifty eyes

Justin
06-15-2014, 06:59 PM
But ssshhhh, don't tell Justin I said that, he's a real Jazz Man.

I'll pretend I didn't hear that! Actually I've friend who helped out in the early days of ND who's got an impressive full arm 'sleeve' tattoo and a friend of his who didn't know me thought the our Jazzer and Shredder cartoon dudes were modelled on us - so I must of course have been the short, old & balding one ;)

Nice :)

Which reminds me of this - maybe The Fast Show never made it out of the UK but this is awesome, playing on The Old Grey Whistle Test from the 80's (hmm maybe not short & balding but maybe some truth in the 'old' bit lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsQYzpOHpik