PDA

View Full Version : Linked Pages?

Erik in NJ
10-13-2013, 08:08 PM
I have a page with a fretboard on it that contains some scales. There are three tabs for three different variations of these scales. If I put my mouse in the tab area and right click, one of my menu choices is "New Editor". This creates a new tab for me with the unexpected side effect of copying the fretboard from the prior page. OK, not what I would have expected, seems I should get a blank page or the dialog box for a new diagram page, but I'll work with this for now. Now here's the part that's baffling--any changes I make to the new fretboard seem to be echoed on the fretboard on the prior page from which it was copied. So I ended up destroying a diagram that I had previously created. I even created a third page this way and all three pages now seem to be linked. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a "feature," but if it's the latter it seems counter-intuitive and doesn't seem to server any real purpose as far as I can tell.

Justin
10-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Hmm this one appears to be a "feature" due to the 3rd party framework we're building our software on. They provide the items on that context menu - it's not a menu I've used much so hadn't noticed the New Editor option there.

It appears not to be creating a new editor at all - the editor tab created not only has exactly the same contents but same title also. I believe it's just another editor tab view on the same file, which would explain what you've seeing.

I'd suggest you don't use this context menu! It's certainly not our intention for it to be there or do what it does. But use CTRL+N (shortcut to menu File > New Diagram) or CTRL+ALT+N to get a new blank editor directly (File > New Blank Diagram).

I'll raise a ticket to see if we can get this item removed from the context menu or will need to raise a bug with the framework guys to allow us to do so!

Erik in NJ
10-14-2013, 12:27 AM
Thanks Justin. As I'm doing further testing/analysis I was beginning to think that several of the items I listed might actually be in the framework/controls that you are leveraging for your product. Not sure how responsive your framework guys are, but these anomalies would need to be fixed by the appropriate parties if there is an interest in getting certain things to work correctly. Regardless of who owns the ticket, I will still list them here if that's OK with you. Again no criticism of your excellent software intended--just trying to help.