PDA

View Full Version : CAGED Diagrams

Mark Moore
06-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Here is my first attempt at using Neck Diagrams. Feel free to use. Let me know if I have any mistakes.

Justin
07-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Hi Mark,

It looks like the forum software has limited the size of your images so they've come out really small.. I've reconfigured it so next time someone attaches images they should come out much bigger - can you try and upload them again?!

Another thing you could do is attach the actual .fbd diagram page file which'll then allow others to download and open your page in their copies of Neck Diagrams! You can get a copy of the .fbd file by following this little tutorial:

How to share Neck Diagrams .fbd files (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7CethmxGvU)

Justin
Author of Neck Diagrams

ltweed
07-03-2011, 02:02 AM
Here's one I use for CAGED shapes. This is the "D" format only. The idea of this sheet is to practice the pentatonic, major scale, major arpeggio, and CAGED chord at the same location. You would then moved on to the next. I realized I should reformat and tidy these up a little, so I'll have to post C, A, G, and E later ;)

Larry

ltweed
07-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Is there a better way to upload files than the way I did it? It shows there is an attached file, but it also have the box with the red X that says "File Type: fbd". I'm assuming because it doesn't have an icon for the filetype? Is that how it shows up for everyone else?

Justin
07-04-2011, 07:38 PM
You uploaded just fine Larry! I've updated the vBulletin forum install, adding image files for the .fbd file type so you should now see the correct little icon if you reload the page!

BTW good useful page - thanks for sharing :)

Justin
Author of Neck Diagrams

ltweed
07-23-2011, 04:05 AM
Oh yeah, that's better! I'd better get to work making some of my pages presentable..

mickeyd263
08-23-2011, 12:59 PM
I wasn't able to open this file <shrug>

Justin
08-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Are you running v1.8? The About Neck Diagrams window (from the Help menu on Windows, or from the Neck Diagrams menu on Macs) will tell you what version number you're running.

You might need to download the attached .fbd file first. If you double click it you should get a popup asking if you want to open it from its curent location or to import it. If you're not seeing that then you might want to download (http://www.neckdiagrams.com/download) the latest v1.8 installer and run that, which'll create a file association for .fbd files and Neck Diagrams.

Alternatively just drag the downloaded .fbd file into your Diagram Gallery view - that'll import it and you should then see it show up and can then double click it to open/view/edit!