PDA

View Full Version : Beyond the 12th Fret

Mambo71
12-02-2017, 12:15 PM
Hi, I'm in the process of mapping arpeggios out in 5 positions across the neck. So I've used the template that shows five horizontal fretboards on one page. The fifth arpeggio that I'm mapping out straddles the 12th to the 15th fret. Obviously with the 12 fret diagrams I run out of space. Sorry that this is pretty basic, but can anyone help me out?

Justin
12-02-2017, 07:51 PM
Hi Mambo71,

The way to control what part of a fretboard you can see is in the Inspector, with the fretboard selected, on the 'Board' tab you'll see settings for 'Starting fret' and 'Num frets'.

Have a look at this forum post which includes a screenshot, should clear things up for you!

How do I customise the start and end of a fretboard (http://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums/showthread.php/26-How-do-I-customise-the-start-end-of-a-fretboard)

Mambo71
12-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Thanks Justin. That's a neat way of doing it. I had a play around with it prior to your response and I put the fingerings in, in a different key and then clicked on a note and transposed it back into C and it automatically adjusted the fretboard for me. Great piece of software.