PDA

View Full Version : Chord Diagram - Open String

Giraffe
01-10-2017, 10:39 PM
The Open String tool is displaying as black.
Please Advise
:)

Giraffe
01-10-2017, 11:13 PM
Got it !

;)

Dean
01-11-2017, 08:49 AM
Sorry for the delay, it was almost midnight in UK when you posted the original question. Glad to hear you found the solution.

Thanks
Dean

dbrianb
09-26-2017, 02:12 PM
Stupid question i am sure but here goes. I am a newbie, just minutes old on this very cool app. Does this app have the functionality to work like chordFinder? where i show the notes and it will label the chord? That has always been a challenge with me with open chords. Thanks.

Dean
09-28-2017, 10:22 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum

I'm afraid ND cannot guess or offer a chord suggestion based on the notes drawn on the fretboard. That said, a chord library/dictionary is high on our to-do-list for a future release. You'll be able to quickly draw chords on the fireboard by picking from a wealthy library of chords.

Regards
Dean

ssteiner
10-28-2017, 10:48 PM
The "what chord is this" functionality is tricksy 'cause you can name them a whole pile of ways and the "correct" chord name depends very much on context. Sometimes, there's not One True Answer.

What really surprised me today after purchasing was that there does not appear to be any chord functionality at all.

After using the Scale Generator, it didn't even occur to me that there wouldn't be a chord dictionary. The arpeggio generators, while they will put the notes out, don't show the chord forms so I guess you have to manually delete the ones you don't need? Bleh!

I'll have to see how often I have to manually do chord forms for lessons but this seems like a pretty big and quite surprising missing piece of an otherwise very capable piece of software.

Steve